To install Oracle Database XE:
1. Log on to your computer with root permissions.
2. Go to the following Web site:
3. Accept License Agreement and download the Linux version of Oracle Database XE.
4. Run the Oracle Database XE executable oracle-xe-11.2.0-1.0.x86_64.rpm to install Oracle Database XE using the command –
# rpm -ivh downloads/oracle-xe-11.2.0-1.0.x86_64.rpm
The installation displays a status of its progress.
5. When prompted, run the following command –
# /etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure
6. Enter the following configuration information –
A valid HTTP port for the Oracle Application Express (the default is 8080)
A valid port for the Oracle database listener (the default is 1521)
A password for the SYS and SYSTEM administrative user accounts
Confirm password for SYS and SYSTEM administrative user accounts
Whether you want the database to start automatically when the computer starts (next reboot)
This completes configuration.